artbyjlp@gmail.com

Friday, April 5, 2013

"Cradle of Creation" - 30" x 34" x 1.5" - Acrylic on hollow door panel - $425 SOLD


One of the greatest things about the universe is that almost all matter, aside from hydrogen and helium, was formed in the heart of a star.  Carbon, iron, gold...  All formed under great pressure, with great heat and over a very long period of time.  When the star dies it undergoes an event called a super nova and it explodes with great energy.  This explosion (as I understand it...) scatters this mixture of elements out into space where it forms a giant cloud of gas and dust.  Eventually these gases and dust particles come together and a new solar system is born.  Every atom in our body was once contained within a star.  That is just an incredible thought to me and to understand this is to understand how everything is connected.  Our sun is the source of all energy upon the earth and it sustains us.  I cannot help but think of how all that I am and all that I have has come from God.  He is the creator of all things, even the stars that created the elements.  He creates, He sustains, He loves, He provides for all of my needs.  What a tremedous Blessing that is!!

 Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all of your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment