artbyjlp@gmail.com

Monday, April 15, 2013

"THREE" - Acrylic and mixed media on wood panel - 12" x 20" x 1.75" - SOLD


This is one of the very few "collage" pieces that I have ever made.  The work itself is not extraordinary to me but the concept is.  It was about 20 years ago when I was reading my Bible as a new Christian, that I discovered Gen 1:26 for the first time.  In this verse God speaks and says a very profound thing.  He says:  "Let US make man in OUR own image, after OUR likeness..." 




I was simply blown away by this passage, I had never thought of God in the plural sense before. Soon, after much conversation and study, I came to realize that God was speaking of the three parts of the Godhead; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. This led to the realization that I was also a three part being, having a body, a soul and a spirit. Further investigation led me to an almost unbelievable conclusion; ALL of Gods creation is immersed and contained in the number three!!  Here is a list of examples for you to think about:
 
Time = past, present and future. (1-2-3...)
 
Space = is measured in height, width and depth.
 
Matter =  solid, liquid gas
 
Creation = animal, vegetable and mineral
 
Reality = space, matter and time
 
Electricity = positive, negative and neutral
 
Atoms = protons, neutrons and electrons
 
Colors = All colors are mixed from the three primary colors RED, YELLOW and BLUE
 
I could go on and on...  Blood is made up of red cells, white cells and platelets.  Even electromagnetic energy is considered to have three variables which are frequency, wave length and energy.  You yourself, where ever you are, have descended from the THREE children of Noah; Shem, Ham and Japheth...  Why is this concept so important?  It is perhaps one of the greatest, if not the greatest argument to establish intelligent design (GOD) over evolution (NO GOD).


No comments:

Post a Comment