artbyjlp@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"Fade to Black 2" - 24" x 24" x 1.5" - Acrylic on hollow core door panel - $250.00


Here is another little 24 x 24 inch painting created for my mobile art business.  As often happens in art this piece involved a happy accident.  I was using an empty gesso bucket to create a black circle around the large "planetoid" (??) at the bottom left.  I had a sheet of wax paper with black paint on it and was moving the lip of the bucket around in the paint so I could transfer it.  When I was done I looked at the wax paper and really liked the effect that I saw so I duplicated it in the top half of the painting.  The result becomes the story behind the painting.

Who knows how long the earth has been here, some say 6,000 years and others 4.5 billion.  What we do know according to the Bible is that one day the earth will be destroyed by fire. 

 2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

This painting then is a before and after; the current earth below and the blackened cinder that it will become before crumbling away once again to the dust that formed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment