artbyjlp@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"Heavens Gate" - 24" x 24" x 1.5" - Acrylic on hollow core door panel - $250.00


Here we have a wet on wet painting, a technique I like to use to diffuse colors and achieve an organic effect.  It is hard to see the effect in the photo and I really had trouble with the white areas so know that they are not as bright in the actual painting...  Of all creation outer space is perhaps the most mysterious.  On earth we see the minutia of life, from a blade of grass to a lady bug and the mystery of life in general.  In space we see a vastness that is simply hard to comprehend and in those light years of time and space the mystery of God unfolds for me. 

"Isa 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool:"   

How great is our God?  The Psalmist says it the best:

 "Ps 95:3 For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods."

Amen and amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment