artbyjlp@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Now Showing.....


Less than a year from quitting my job to become a full time professional artist, I have been accepted into FRESH Gallery in downtown Springfield, Missouri!  In addition (yes, there's more!) I am also currently showing at HeBrews Coffee and have a show set for June at Randy Bacon's gallery which is a premier venue here in Springfield.  These are exciting times and I hope that I am able to "spring forward" so to speak from the momentum of these events.  While I can certainly see my work evolving and my skills increasing I have not discovered my exact niche yet.  I believe this is because of the years of repressed art that are still pouring out of me!  I see my work as surreal, POP-ish and as pure abstract expressionism at times.  Maybe I won't develope a niche and that will be what sets me apart from the rest.  Time will tell...  Stay tuned and watch for posts of new art!

No comments:

Post a Comment