artbyjlp@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Untitled Acrylic Abstract


This little painting is small (11 x 14) however it holds great meaning for me.  It represents a total liberation from any pre-conceived notions of what people expect my art to be.  I am very excited by the artistic liberty that I experienced during the creation of this piece.  The entire painting only took about 20 minutes to create and not once during the creative process did I experience that all too common "fear of failure" nor did I have even the most fleeting thought of what it was supposed to be.  (I know one of you out there is saying "well, that's obvious" and that's ok...)  Honestly, with each painting that I create now, I am experiencing more and more of this emancipation and I have to say that it feels pretty good.  I hope you are experiencing liberty in your life today because with liberty comes peace and through peace we can most assuredly say that we are "free at last, free at last"!

No comments:

Post a Comment