artbyjlp@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rush Hour (Circa 1950)


It has taken me days to name this painting!  I simply cannot get past the nostalgic feeling I get when I look at it and I feel like I am taking a trip in the "way back" machine.  (Some of you will get that)  There is a lot of movement and high energy in this painting.  I can almost hear the horns blaring and see the taxi's flying by in 1950's NYC.  I also experience just a touch of vertigo as I feel as if I am looking up at the sun drenched sky scrapers looming over the city.  There is no place on earth like New York City, it's as if it has a life of its own.  I have been there several times and each trip is as exciting as the last, however, I am always glad to escape the mad rush and settle back into my quiet surroundings here in the Ozarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment