artbyjlp@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Heart Of Grace (36 x 40 acrylic on canvas with polymer coating) SOLD


Well I see that time does indeed fly by as it has been over two months since I last posted, so let's catch up now...  This painting "The Heart Of Grace" is my first "pour" painting.  (as apposed to some "splatter" paintings I have created) What I mean is that I actually poured the paint on the canvas and then manipulated it from there.  I used a spray bottle, gravity, a straw and what ever else I could think of to move the paint around the canvas.  I wanted to name this piece "The Alien Communicates Telepathically From His Heart Shaped Space Craft"  but wow, that's a mouthful so I decided on The Heart Of Grace  instead.  I also applied a coat of enviro-tech lite over the surface which really helped the colors to pop.  This painting is for sale and is on display at Hebrews Coffee in Springfield, MO.

No comments:

Post a Comment