artbyjlp@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gemini Ponders Diety (36 x 79 acrylic on hollow core door panel)


This post is a little late as I finished the painting back in May then forgot to post it!  If you scroll down (or back or whatever) you will find its sister piece called Eviction Notice.  These pieces are very similar in that I painted the black symetrical (ink blot) outline over the background.  I like the quasi "pop art" vibe to these paintings, perhaps it is the boldness of the black with the crisp edges that make me feel that way.  The particular image in the painting has been represented in at least five of my works.  Look back at "My Brightest Idea" for an idea of what I am talking about. 

Since I am a Gemini and a Christian as well, this painting is somewhat autobiographical as it represents the artist meditating on his God, which is represented by the third eye in the upper part of each side of the composition.  In addition, the background colors take me back to the early seventies which definately had an influence on me during my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment