artbyjlp@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Beneath the Drought" - 24" x 20" x 1.5" - Acrylic on hollow door panel - $250.00


Here in the mid-west (as in much of the US) we experienced a terrible drought last year.  There were days that I felt as though I could actually hear the ground and trees groaning for a drink of cool, refreshing water.  I remember walking out into the yard with our dogs and feeling the grass crunching under my feet!  The rain teased us a few times with just a sprinkle, but then one day the rains came in earnest and I believe it was renewing not only to the earth but to our spirits as well.  I stood outside for a while soaking up the big drops and thanking God for the rain.  In those moments I became inspired and rushed inside to start this painting.  I remembered that even as the rain waters the earth; we are also watered and refreshed by God through the renewing power of His Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment