artbyjlp@gmail.com

Thursday, April 11, 2013

"Tranquility" - 24" x 24" x 1.5" - Acrylic on door panel - $225.00 SOLD


This little gem is hanging in the second floor gallery at Springfield Brewing Company down on Market and Walnut in Springfield, MO.  This is perhaps the most simplistic painting I have ever created but my wife just loves it.  Perhaps there really is something to the old adage "less is more."  At least three people have commented that it reminds them of islands.  I of course was thinking "nebula" but...  who am I to tell anyone what to see in art even if it is my own.  The eye sees what the eye sees and the heart wants what the heart wants.  My heart seeks peace, calmness and a certain tranquility.  There is another old saying and it goes like this:   "No God, no peace - Know God, know peace....."
Think about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment