artbyjlp@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Melody of Creation" - 36" x 65" x 1.5" - Acrylic on hollow door panel - $925.00 SOLD


This larger painting needs to be viewed up close and in good lighting!  The texture and colors merge to create some very intricate and detailed surfaces that cannot readily be seen in this photograph.  Hmm...  that reminds me that sometimes we need to take a closer look at the people in our lives so we can truly understand them instead of cramming them into the mold of who we think they are...  just saying...   Anyway, this painting is yet another piece inspired by shows such as "The Universe", "How the Universe Works" or "Through the Wormhole".  I really enjoy watching and listening as scientists try to explain the creation of the Universe without God.  I mean really...   First there was nothing, then there was a bang and something appeared and over 13.7 billion years this nothing expanded to form our current universe and this all happened by accident!  That is one incredible accident!  Then all of this STUFF started to coalesce into suns and solar systems and galaxies all by the work of gravity/accretion.  The more of these shows that I watch (and I watch a lot of them thanks to the wonders of DVR...) the more I see that gravity is the god of most Cosmologists.  For me it is much easier to simply believe that God said it and it was...  I guess it simply comes down to whether we choose to believe in the Bible as the word of God or choose to believe in accidental fate.  That is the beauty of free will, we can believe what ever we want.  Either way, this universe of ours is a very beautiful and awe inspiring place and I am very happy to be a speck of dust on a tiny planet somewhere in the Milky Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment