artbyjlp@gmail.com

Thursday, April 4, 2013

"Jacobs Ladder" - 38" x 24" x 1.5" - Acrylic on hollow door panel - $425

 
Before you start thinking about this painting as a piece of space art you should read on.  Yes I am a big space fan this is true, but years ago I worked in the nuclear industry and was a chemist on a nuclear submarine.  Needless to say I had to know something about the sub-atomic world and all of its protons, neutrons, electrons, quarks, neutrinos and the associated math and physics that ties it all together.  Did you know that science cannot explain what holds the nucleus of an atom together.  Oh they have a name for it alright, they call it the strong nuclear force, but the truth is that they have no idea what that force is or how it works.  When I was in Nuclear Power School my instructor simply called it the God force.  I never thought much about it until about 10 years later when I was reading my Bible one day.  I was in the first chapter of Colossians and here is what I read:
 
 Col 1:16 For by him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:  17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
 
I paused and sat there looking at the word consist.  I finally admitted to myself that I didn't understand what it meant in that context and went to the dictionary.  Here is what the dictionary said:
 
1. To stand together; to be in a fixed or permanent state, as a body composed of parts in union or connection. Hence, to be; to exist; to subsist; to be supported and maintained.
 
I was stunned for in my mind here was the answer to one of the greatest scientific conundrums in history.  The creative and sustaining force of Jesus Christ holds the atoms together!  The scientific community simply refuses to see this because it would mean that God has to exist and that would be a real problem for them.  This verse served to increase my faith and I hope that if you are reading this it will increase your faith as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment