artbyjlp@gmail.com

Monday, April 8, 2013

"R2BA" - 32" x 38" x 1.5" - Acrylic on door panel - $625.00 (SOLD!)


Yes I know that this painting might be a little controversial (which is why it sold so quickly, note to self...) but hopefully a few kind words can ease any strife.  The title R2BA stands for right to bear arms...  This is my "second amendment painting" and third in my series on social commentary.  Yes I am a supporter of the second amendment but I am not a criminal, nor am I a hate monger.  I will not live in fear...  God does not want me to live in fear as is stated in this verse:

 2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

In order to not live in fear we must be prepared, we must be empowered, we must have wisdom and most of all we must live in the love of God.  I honestly despise war, however I know that freedom comes with a price.  I hate the idea of doing violence to anyone, however I would if I had to protect myself or my family.  Please God, protect me from the evil in this world so that I never have to raise my hand against another; and thank you Lord for giving me courage and strength in the event that I must.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment